Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots

I've been needing a new pair of shoes for quite some time now. The problem is, I hate shoes. They're terribly made, don't last, and look like a kid should be wearing them. I mean, think about it; a grown man wearing a pair of sneakers around town. Doesn't really emanate professionalism does it? And even so, most people are content at buying some neon coloured pair of synthetic fiber shoes that won't last a year without looking like you just pulled them out of the sewer.

So I've been doing research on shoes that last and continue to look good. First of all, the best material suited to fulfill that purpose would be leather. You can polish leather over and over and it will continue looking good. Another prerequisite is that they must have soles that can be changed. Inevitably soles wear out. Most shoes have glued soles, so the options are waning. Another thing about the shoes is that they must be comfortable and provide substantial protection from rain and other substances that feet come in contact with. If sneakers get wet, so do your feet.

After some time of fretting with brands and cost, not to mention my wife chiding me about how bad my shoes look because I was unwilling to buy another pair of miniature garbage bags to cover my feet, I settled on the Wolverine 1000 mile boot. The brand has been around for quite some time (1883 to be exact... Hey, that exactly 100 years before my birth year!). To add to the scrumptulesity of this, the 1000 mile boot has been around for about as long. Made of the finest american full grain leather, these boots are hand sewn in the traditional cobbler way with all leather soles. Triple stitched, they won't



unravel. When I first tried them on, they were immediately comforting. No break in period necessary! One last thing to mention is that they take shoe polish very nicely and aren't very hard to get a lustre on.

To finish up my thoughts, I'd like to point out that shoes provide the foundation of your body. It should be a solid one, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment