Saturday, May 11, 2013

Just Wondering Around

A lot of time I find myself sitting and thinking what in the world I'm doing. I read to learn; I learn to do; I do to be better. But I'm going to die just like everybody else. And in truth, nobody cares how hard I try or how well I do, so why do anything at all? Everybody I come across is either trying to prove their worth, hold on to their riches, or trying to become more than they are so they can accomplish one of the other things. The only neutral conversation is about the weather, but you can only talk about that for a maximum of 30 seconds before it fizzles out. If you try to help somebody, they'll soon forget it. It doesn't become a lesson to them so they can help others. They just become dependent on others help. If you try to create art, everybody starts trying to dissect it so that they can brag about how smart they are. No matter how much you create and give away, it'll never be enough. It always results in death. But you know, I like to eat and sleep. I like to breathe fresh and crisp air and watch the birds and blue skies. To smell flowers and listen to music is very enjoyable. And I love to create art in whatever form and enjoy my own handiwork. I suppose I just wish that we could all just enjoy life together without trying so hard to beat each other. Maybe I'll make pizza tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment