Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groaning Together.

I've been facing a lot lately as you can tell from my latest blogs. Forsaking my childhood dream of playing music and getting ready for a real job. Finding out that some people are two-faced that I thought were friends. Meeting lost and new family. There is a lot going on, and trying to put on a strong front doesn't always work. I'm only human. I have weaknesses and sometimes I fall. Sometimes I get mad and lash out, or stumble and fall within my resolutions. Nobody but Jesus is perfect. All I can hope to achieve is a perfect heart towards Him. It gets a little overwhelming at times, and at some points I just feel like I don't need to fulfill my obligations and responsibilities. The kids don't listen, the house needs to be fixed, and I need to study for my ASE certifications in May. Not to mention practicing my horn, and trying to be strong for my family. I'm also trying not to offend any of my friends and relatives seeing as there are a lot of new acquaintances and I'm the kind of guy that worries about those kind of things. "Sigh" ... and I think its going to rain today.

2 comments:

  1. You are important, a guiding light in the lives of many people. You hear the dismissive chuckle of your fondness of older things or a time forgotten and you think that maybe the things you say or think don't matter, that the world is too enthralled in it's new toys and thoughts of the future. I say that a man cannot know his footprint on this world in his own lifetime. You will never know the true positive impact you have on all those around you, and how much your very attitude and presence shapes the lives of others. I believe wholeheartedly that just having you around makes everyone appreciate what they have in their life just a little more, smile a smile they wouldn't have, and think a little deeper than they intended. You're important and don't forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josh. No man is an island, and I'm grateful to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete