Friday, January 14, 2011

Heritage

Recently, I've been in touch with some of my family that I haven't either met before, or haven't seen in a good long while. You see, there was a falling out on my Dad's side of the family. People took offense, or had personal problems, or something. And these "problems" inhibited them from keeping in contact. But here's the kicker; their kids and their kids kids didn't talk to each other because of these problems. That is why it is so important to not take offense. It doesn't only affect you, it affects everybody else. And you've just created a problem that didn't exist before that could span generations! Every thought, word, and deed creates a ripple effect within the spiritual realm. And even though it may seem invisible, if you're looking for it, its as plain as day. This happened in my family. I have generations of musicians and artists that I had no knowledge of before. I make a living as a musician for crying out loud! Heritage is important, you see. It tells you not only the weaknesses that lie in your genes, but the strengths and talents. And by keeping a close bond with those that share the same blood as you, it creates a strength for overcoming weaknesses that you may have thought impossible to overcome. It instills meaning, security and love in the heart. You may call it vanity, but I have a new drive to become a better human being so that my family will be proud of me. I want to overcome my weaknesses and show that the name of Osberg has meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment