Saturday, January 30, 2010

Broken NES

A couple of months back, we had a power surge at my house that took out a large portion of my appliances. **sob sob... cry cry** My regular Nintendo was one of the appliances (which pissed me off more than the oven or microwave). However, I'm not one to let a bad experience get the best of me. When life gives you lemons.... make a portable NES!!! Theres a step by step guide at instructibles.com that you can follow and make a Nintendo into (essentially) a Game Boy that plays NES games. Seeing as the regulator is probably the thing that went bad, I'd have to desolder a bunch of stuff anyway. So I figure its prime time for my NES to undergo a transformation. I have the technology. I can rebuild it! I'll keep you all posted on how it comes along.

2 comments: