Sunday, January 31, 2010

Is Being an Introvert a Bad Thing?

I've discovered that most times I'm with other people to just "hang out" I find myself bored to tears or just not in the mood to be there. I have reasons for feeling this way of course, but it bothers me that I'm not very good at chillin'. Now don't get me wrong, I love being around people and its most enjoyable to go to restaurants or movies with a big group of people. I have a problem specifically with hanging out with people for no reason or to just sit around and do nothing, and yet, I always find myself in this sort of situation. I think its because the people that I know and actually hang out with on my spare time just aren't interested in the same things that I am. That being said, I don't know many who are. I'm not too akin to discussing why some football team lost last week and how big of a blow on everyone it is. I don't really like talking about problems at work or whatever other complaints people have. Its useless! I'd much rather talk about things that make sense and have bearing on our lives in applicable ways. I like talking about philosophy because it actually pertains to us as humans. I like playing Nintendo because it makes me happy and I feel at ease when I'm playing. Cooking does the same thing for me and I love cooking while people are around and talking about it also. I know I'm a dork, but I'm not afraid to be one. I don't have to prove to others how much of a man I am by talking about sports all day long. Theres more in this world than whats going on in the television. Why do we all have to be lemmings, following each other everywhere. I like to break off from same old thing and discover new and interesting ways of looking at and doing things. I know that I'm ranting now, but it really is distressing to me that so many people have limited vision. For now, I feel like an introvert, and maybe I am one. Prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment