Monday, June 27, 2016

Fighting Myself

I'm a mechanic. One of the interesting things about being a mechanic is that I get paid on the flat rate system. In essence, it means that I get paid per job. If I finish a lot of jobs, I get paid well. If I don't, well, you get the idea. This has worked fairly well for me during my short tenure in this trade, however, with another recession looming over our heads, fixing cars becomes a minor necessity to a lot of people. Thus, work has been slow. Everyone at the shop is on edge and tempers have flared. Add all that to losing our intranet this morning at work and even I was in rip-off-your-face mode. 

I always try to remain calm and be productive, but at times I'm unable to restrain my discontent. I know there is nothing I can do about my situation, but for some reason I feel compelled to rage about and let everyone know how angry I am. 

This is a human weakness and one I desperately need to work on. We all need to remember that while we may not always be able to control our circumstances, we can control our attitude. Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment