Saturday, June 25, 2016

My Complaint

Sears pissed me off. Here's my complaint:

I'm am completely unsatisfied with the customer service your company provided. I called up 3 days ago and ordered (or at least thought I ordered) some parts. I spoke with a representative from parts direct over my weed eater. I informed him that the bottom of it had come apart and it was just an empty hole. I also informed him that I knew I at least needed the spool and the retainer for the spool. I asked him if he knew what I was talking about as far as the retainer was concerned and he replied in the affirmative. He then told me that I also would be needed to purchase the spring (I was unaware of this and thanked him). After he concluded the parts lookup, I again asked him if that was all I would be needing. He informed me that I had ordered everything that comes apart from the bottom of the weed eater. Today, June 25, I received a spring in the mail by itself. Naturally I was concerned that I had indeed ordered everything I needed. I therefore proceeded to call the Parts Direct toll free line once again to verify. Initially I spoke with a lady who seemed to be helpful. She informed me that I had indeed ordered the spool, but as for the retainer, she didn't see it on the order and was unsure whether or not the spool came with it. She told me she would transfer me to parts. After a lengthy conversation with her, I would have thought it common courtesy to inform the next representative of the details. She did not and the next lady I spoke with had no knowledge of my concern. I attempted to explain it to her, also providing the model number of my weed eater. As I was speaking, the call dropped. I hadn't even thought of it, but after the call had been lost, it occurred to me that most service representatives initially ask for the client's phone number in case the line drops. Again I called the same toll free number and dialed 2. Someone picked up but the line was dropped again. Finally on the third attempt, I was able to have a conversation with a representative named Linda. Curiously, she was able to find a parts diagram without transferring my call to another representative. She informed me that I needed a bump stop, and that I would have to pay more money for the part, plus extra for shipping. I inquired if the shipping would have been the same had the order been placed correctly in the first place. She informed me that shipping would be more in my situation, as shipping for any part doesn't exceed 9 dollars and some odd cents. I asked if it would be possible for Sears to take care of the shipping, as I had explicitly requested the parts in total the first time I called and was assured that they were all I needed. She told me that my description had been vague, and that in no way would Sears take care of the shipping. I, of course, shelled out the extra money for shipping, but I will not be shopping at Sears in any wise any time soon. It's a shame, as I enjoy the quality of the products produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment